Macon State College provides students with Web space for a personal web site and/or class projects. Folders are created upon request.
- Folder creation
Brush up on your HTML with these tutorials
Acquire the tools to build your Web pages
- Contact the Technology Assistance Center to request a folder
- Your instructor may request a folder on your behalf if the folder is required for class
Publish your site
- Commercially available HTML editors ($$ - Adobe Dreamweaver or MS Expression Web)
- Frontpage 2003 or SharePoint Designer (free download)
- MS WORD is poor choice for webpage editing
- Download an SFTP Client. This software will enable you to move your Web pages from your computer to the server where people can view them.
- Instructions for accessing your web folder
- The world can view your new Web pages by going to these URLs:
- Your first page or homepage should be named index.html
- Review policy regarding appropriate use of MSC computer resources
Please note that niether the TAC nor Technology Support provides training for web page development. Support for this is obtained through your course instructor or it can be found online.
Web Folder Problems? Contact:
Technical Assistance Center
478.471.2023 or 478.757.4393