All student organizations must complete an official recognition process. All recognized student organizations will be required to register annually with the Office of Student Life before being considered “active”.
New student organizations will only be recognized during specific time periods set forth by the Office of Student Life during the Fall and Spring semesters each year.
All 4 items need to be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Life to begin the recognition process.
- Advisor Intent Form - Intent form from advisor (Faculty/Staff Member) who will be the club's advisor and representative from the institution.
- RSO Application - Official application to Student Government Association (SGA) to have the club recognized as a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
- Petition of Support - Signatures of at least fifty (50) current students who would support the organization being formed. This does not mean they are going to join but think it would be good for the college to have the club.
- RSO Sample Constitution - A sample constitution for a club to be formed. Changes can be made to meet your club's criteria for membership and other requirements.
What do I do if I do not know fifty (50) people to sign the Petition of Support?
Don't worry. It does not require you to know each person only to make sure they are current Macon State Students. Several ideas for finding people to sign are:
- Ask your professor if you can have your class sign the form.
- Ask people around campus in different buildings to sign the form.
- Post a petition in the Student Life Game Room (with permission from the Office of Student Life) or in other areas of the campus
How do I find an advisor?
- Ask around to professors you know
- Ask professors for your current classes
- Ask staff members on campus you know
- Look at other organizations on the Student Life Home Page to find other advisors that may be interested in helping start a new Club
How do I find members for my club team?
- Ask classmates who will spread the word to others they know about the new club
- Place flyers around campus (With permission from the Office of Student Life)
- Advertise in the Macon Statement
- Host a booth at Club Fair
- Advertise at the Wellness Center, Free Play, and other events by talking to others
- Recruit people to come to Macon State from high school or transfer in to join your club in the next semester
- ASK ASK ASK ASK!!!!!!!