Students have several options in withdrawing from a course or withdrawing completely from the College:
- You may make a change (add or withdraw) to your course schedule on-line through Banner-Web depending on the time-frame involved. This option does not apply to students who have registration HOLDS, such as for Learning Support Advisement, new students prevented from Web Registration, immunizations, transcripts, etc. Information concerning how to withdraw on-line is available at the Registrar’s Office and the WRC. Students who withdraw on-line through BannerWeb should print a copy of the screen confirming the withdrawal for their records. On-line withdrawals are ultimately the responsibility of the students who use this service.
- eCore Withdrawals: Students enrolled in eCore courses must withdraw through eCore first by completing the withdrawal at this link. The Registrar will process a withdrawal in Banner after receiving confirmation of the withdrawal from the eCore Success Coordinator.
- Students may withdraw from class or the College at the Registrar’s counter in the Student Life Building (S-173), or at the administrative offices located at one of the other four campuses.
- In extenuating circumstances, you may download the Drop form from the Registrar's Web site and either mail or fax it to the address/FAX number noted below. You should note the circumstances on the form for our records. We recommend you call or e-mail us to ensure we have received your mail or fax request and confirm that it was processed. If you encounter any difficulties in withdrawing because of a special situation, you may e-mail the Registrar for assistance. Office of the Registrar, Middle Georgia State College, 100 College Station Drive, Macon, GA 31026. FAX (478) 757-2621
- Before Drop/Add (schedule adjustment period) ends, students may totally withdraw or cancel their registrations with no grades awarded and all tuition and fees refunded. This may be done online or through the Registrar's Office, or through the administrative offices in Warner Robins.
- Schedule Adjustments (Drop/Add) After classes begin, typically for a four-day period, students may adjust their schedules with a refund for each course dropped and no grades awarded. Second Session class adjustments may be made through the second day of class. After these periods are over, no further adjustments are permitted. Maymester class adjustments are restricted to the first day of class.
- After Drop/Add ends, students may withdraw online (Banner-Web), through the Registrar's Office, or at an off-campus center. Students unable to do so for a valid reason (i.e. out of town for an extended period or an emergency) must contact the Registrar's Office at 471-2853 or email the Registrar. During this period, grades are awarded according to the schedule published with no refunds unless the student totally withdraws from the College. Total withdrawals accrue "pro-rata" refunds according to a schedule published by the Bursar's Office.
- Total Withdrawal from all classes: If you withdraw from all classes you are enrolled in for the term, and you receive Financial Aid (PELL, SEOG, Stafford and Plus Loans), and you have incurred bookstore charges, you may be eligible for a reduction in your Title IV debt by returning your books to the bookstore. You must see the bookstore for specific details. All students who completely withdraw from the College will receive a letter confirming their withdrawal and reminding them of the book return option. Total withdrawal during Drop/Add does not result in the award of non-punitive withdrawal grades.
- As stated in the catalog, students may not withdraw from the College during the last two weeks of a semester.
- A grade of "WF" is computed the same as an "F" in the Grade Point Average
- Non-attendance or non-payment of fees does not automatically result in student being withdrawn from classes. Non-attendance could result in an “F” on your student record regardless of whether you attended class or not.
Students who are unable to continue their enrollment may request to be withdrawn with full refund and the award of non-punitive WM (Withdrawal - Military) grades upon submission of deployment orders or other documentation from their commander substantiating the withdrawal. Board of Regents criteria is quoted as follows:
Subject to institutional policies, full refunds of tuition and mandatory fees and pro rata refunds of elective fees are hereby authorized for students who are:
- Military reservists (including members of the National Guard) who receive emergency orders to active duty after having enrolled in a University System institution and paid tuition and fees;
- Active duty military personnel and who receive an emergency reassignment after having enrolled in a University System institution and paid tuition and fees.
- Otherwise unusually and detrimentally affected by the emergency reassignment.
- Military reservists (including National Guard) who receive emergency orders to active duty after having enrolled in a University System institution and paid tuition and fees;
- Active duty military personnel and who receive an emergency reassignment after having enrolled in a University System institution and paid tuition and fees
- Otherwise unusually and detrimentally affected by the emergency activation of members of the reserve components or the emergency deployment of active duty personnel of the Armed Forces and who demonstrate a need for exceptional equitable relief.