If you are enrolled in a Macon State distance learning course, you need to know about the following library tools, materials, and services which will aid you in obtaining the necessary resources to support your coursework.
Books and Other Resources
- GIL Online Catalog – Locate books and other materials in the Macon State College Library
- GIL Express Catalog – A joint catalog for all University System of Georgia schools. Use this to request books owned by any USG Library, to be delivered to any USG library.
- Interlibrary Loan – A service to provide access to books not available through the Library's book collection
- My Library Account – Access your GIL account to renew books, check the status of GIL Express requests, get the GALILEO password.
- GALILEO – The University System of Georgia's premier collection of over 100 electronic databases, some of which include full-text journal articles and other electronic resources
- Access GALILEO at home – Instructions on accessing electronic resources from off-campus
- Subject Guides – One-stop-shop to accessing GIL, the Universal Catalog (GIL Express), GALILEO and Library owned databases, and other helpful tools; that are pertinent to your research paper
- Interlibrary Loan – A service to provide access to articles not available through the Library's serials collection
- Journal Article Request – Request journal articles from journals owned by the Library. They can be emailed directly to you.
- Citing Your Sources – Online PDF files containing citation information for APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian style guides
- Ask-A-Librarian – An e-mail reference service that allows you to ask library-related or brief research-related questions
- Live Chat – Real-time chat with a Librarian using Meebo, where you can ask library-related or brief research-related questions
- Technical help – If you are having problems connecting to a specific electronic resource or service.
- If you can't connect to the Macon State College's web site, contact the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) (478) 471-2023 or (478) 757-4393, or TAC@maconstate.edu
- If you need help logging in to use research databases, contact the Reference Desk (478) 471-2709, email@example.com or live chat
- If your email username and password will not allow you to access GALILEO or Library databases, contact the TAC office (478) 471-2023 or (478) 757-4393, or TAC@maconstate.edu.
- If there is a problem accessing or retrieving information from a specific electronic resource, contact the Reference Desk (478) 471-2709, firstname.lastname@example.org,or live chat
- If you need help or training to search a specific database or formulating a search strategy for your research, contact the Reference Desk (478) 471-2709
- Library tutorials – Online "how to" sessions that are available 24/7 when you need to do library research – such as find a book, find an article, GIL Express, etc.