The mission of Faculty Development at MSC is to foster and support the professional
development of faculty in their roles of teaching, scholarshiip and service on campus and in the wider community.
The Faculty Development Committee at Macon State College wishes to
ensure opportunities are well documented and available for
This committee utilizes limited funds to support faculty development work during the academic year.
- Awards will be made to those proposals that promise to improve the culture of teaching and learing at MSC. Proposals should include provisions for sharing with other faculty the knowledge and/or skills gained through this activity. Possibilities include: presenting a workshop or lecture, participating in a paper or poster session with other grant recipients, or acting as a resource person or trainer/consultant for other MSC faculty.
- Proposals will be considered by the FDC in a timely manner as submitted. Every effort will be made to save funds for both semesters, so early requests are encouraged.
- Grants are awarded in Fall and Spring of each year.
Deadline for Fall:
Deadline for Spring:
Faculty Grant Cover Letter
Faculty Grant Application
Full-time tenured or tenure-track Faculty at Macon State College may apply for funds for International travel and study abroad.
General Guidelines (see attached documents for more details):
- 1. Awards of up to ($1000) will be made based on the merits of the proposal and the availability of funds. Proposals should clearly document plans for application of study/travel experience to teaching and/ or academic research. Proposals should also include provisions for sharing with other faculty the knowledge and/or skills gained through this activity. Possibilities include: presenting a workshop or lecture, preparing a paper, or acting as a resource person or trainer/consultant for other MSC faculty.
- Special consideration will be given to junior faculty and those faculty who have never been abroad.
- Proposals will be considered by the IST in a timely manner as submitted. Every effort will be made to ensure that funds are available throughout an academic year.
- Deadline for applications: 1 month prior to the time of travel/study.
- The final deadline for the academic year is the first Friday in April.
- No applications will be considered for past travel/study.
- Both an electronic and paper copy of the application must be submitted.
IST Application 2010-2011
IST Guidelines 2010-2011
Information is pending