About Macon State
Mandatory fees are fees that are paid by all students as required by the Board of Regents or by Macon State College subject to approval by the Board of Regents. These fees are necessary to provide a complete range of student services that support the academic environment. Fees and fee policies have been carefully set to provide the best possible services to the widest range of students at a reasonable cost. Abiding by University System of Georgia policy, Macon State College involves our students in the process of establishing mandatory fees.
The following fees may be assessed in addition to tuition:
· Orientation Fee - $25 for all beginning and transfer students. This fee is non-refundable.
Technology Fee - $50 per semester for all students enrolled.
Technology fee revenues will be used primarily for the direct benefit of students to assist them in meeting their educational objectives. Access to technology is important to the collegiate academic experience including productivity tools, specific software packages, databases, specialized computers and printers, and infrastructure.
Special Institutional Fee - For all students enrolled. Included in this charge is the $15 Public Safety Fee.
2011-2012 Academic Year - $200 per semester for all students enrolled.
2012-2013 Academic Year - $100 for one-to-four hours or $200 for five or more hours.
The Special Institutional Fee is determined by the Board of Regents and goes towards offsetting the gap between the cost of instruction, what the state budgets, and what tuition will cover.
Public Safety Fee - $15 per semester for all students enrolled. This fee is currently bundled with the Special Institutional Fee.
Student Activities Fee - $44 per semester for students taking four or more hours of non-fully online classes.
This fee is used to support extracurricular and cocurricular life at Macon State, including all of the Student Life programs, events, organizations, services, and facilities as described in detail in the Student Handbook. These are student-centered with students as the primary participants or beneficiaries. All aspects of the expenditure of Student Activities Fees through the Office of Student Life are available to students regardless of race, national origin, color, sex, age, religion or disability.
· Recreation & Wellness Fee - Maximum $140 for students taking on-campus classes on Macon or Warner Robins campuses.
$140 - students registered for any on-campus class on Macon campus.
$40 - students registered for any on-campus class on Warner Robins campus.
If student's on-campus schedule consists solely of RRC classes, the Recreation & Wellness fee will not apply.
· Liability Insurance (Nursing and Health Sciences students) - $16 per year.
· Health Insurance - International students and students enrolled in certain Nursing and Respiratory Therapy courses will be required to show proof of acceptable coverage or purchase coverage from a contracted provider.
Student Health Insurance Plan rates for the 2012-2013 Policy Year are:
|26 and Under||
|27 and Over||
· Applied Music Fee - $100 for each applied music course with lessons of one-half hour per week. $200 for each applied music course with lessons of one hour per week. These fees are non-refundable.
· Late Payment Fee - $50 for registering or paying after classes begin. This fee is non-refundable.