About Macon State
1. Transfer applicants who have earned fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable credit must comply with both freshman and transfer admission requirements.
2. Transfer applicants must present a cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 or above (based on a 4.00 scale) on all work attempted and must be in "good standing" at the last institution attended in order to be admitted in "good standing".
3. Transfer applicants whose cumulative grade-point average is below 2.00 may be considered for admission and placed on academic probation.
4. Transfer applicants whose academic status was probation, exclusion, or dismissal when last enrolled at any institution will, if admitted, be placed on academic probation.
5. Transfer applicants who have more than 30 transferable semester hours and who have been excluded from a collegiate institution may not be considered for regular admission unless they are academically eligible to return to the college they last attended.
6. Transfer applicants must provide evidence of immunization by completing the Immunization form provided by the Office of Admissions.
Evaluations of transfer credit are mailed to applicants prior to the first class day as long as the admissions file was complete by the application deadline. Otherwise, evaluations of transfer credit will be mailed to students during the first semester of enrollment.
Students who have received an official transfer evaluation and have questions regarding course transfer equivalencies should contact the Office of the Registrar at (478) 471-2853. Questions regarding the application of transferred course work into a particular degree program should be directed to the students' academic department.
Transfer of Credit Policies
1. Credit earned in collegiate institutions accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association may be transferred at full value provided the course content is comparable to that of a course offered by Macon State College or, for non-comparable courses, those that satisfy the guidelines of the University System of Georgia.
2. Only 36 semester hours of academic credit and 2 semester hours of physical education activity credit may be applied by transfer toward an Associate Degree.
3. At least a "C" in freshman composition is required for transfer credit in English 1101.
4. The total number of combined hours earned through correspondence, extension, and military experiences shall not exceed 15 semester hours.
5. No credit is awarded for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) "General Examinations."
6. Veterans with 12 months or more activity military service may file a copy of their DD-214 or an official CCAF transcript with the Office of the Registrar to request a waiver of the required two semester hours of physical education credit.
7. Transfer credit from colleges and universities outside the United States will be examined by the Office of Enrollment Services and the appropriate Division Chair. Information regarding appropriate credential evaluation services may be obtained by contacting the Office of Enrollment Services at (478) 471-2031.
8. A maximum of 11 semester hours of nursing credit with grades of "C" or higher may be accepted by transfer from another college. A validation examination will ordinarily be required.
Students needing additional assistance with transfer of credit policies should contact the Registrar's Office at (478) 471-2853.
Still Wondering if Macon State College is the Place for You?
We invite you to request more information about Macon State College. In doing so, you’ll become a VIP!!! We’ll keep you informed about the college and give you the information you want so you can decide if this is the right college for YOU!
If you have an email address and want to become a VIP, please select the link below and you’re on your way!
Are you already a VIP? Log into your VIP Page.